Unbelievable Merapi Volcano Views from Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3! (Yogyakarta)

Unbelievable Merapi Volcano Views from Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3! (Yogyakarta)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, the slightly-less-glorious, and the utterly unbelievable (as the name promises!) world of Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3, promising Unbelievable Merapi Volcano Views! (Yogyakarta, if you're still wondering. Though, let's be honest, you probably are after that opening).
First off, let's address the elephant in the room… or rather, the volcano in the distance: Merapi. Yeah, the views. They're basically the whole reason to book this place. Seriously. Waking up, throwing open the curtains… BAM! Volcano. That raw, beautiful, slightly terrifying hunk of nature. It's stunning during sunrise, even more so during the golden hour, and even in the grey drizzly mornings, it's still a breathtaking sight. Honestly, sitting there, sipping coffee (they've got good coffee, by the way – Coffee/tea in restaurant ✅), and just staring felt like a valid life choice. You know, the kind that makes you question all your other choices.
Now, let's get messy. We need real talk here.
Accessibility/Getting Around: Okay, so Accessibility… it’s a mixed bag. I didn't focus on wheelchair accessibility specifically, but I did notice an Elevator and a few things – Facilities for disabled guests is listed, but I'd suggest calling ahead to be absolutely certain about specifics. The Airport transfer is a lifesaver after a long flight. Trust me. Traffic in Yogyakarta is… an experience. It's included, and makes arrival SO much smoother. There's Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], which makes it chill too. Taxi service is obviously available, but I'm a sucker for free parking.
Cleanliness and Safety: Alright, people, this is important. Cleanliness and safety are always top of mind, especially after… well, everything. They've got a solid game here: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Professionally-grade sanitizing services, and Rooms sanitized between stays. I really, really appreciated seeing that. The Staff is trained in safety protocol, and there are CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Front desk [24-hour], and Security [24-hour], so they're definitely taking things seriously. Feel safe, you will, I did!
A small hiccup, it's a Non-smoking rooms policy, and they do allow Smoking area. I actually prefer it that way, though.
Dining, drinking, and snacking: Okay, food! This is where some real magic happens. The main restaurant, with those Merapi views as a backdrop, is a winner. I mean, come on, Poolside bar and a volcano? Pure bliss. The Asian breakfast and, in general, Asian cuisine in restaurant is excellent – fresh, flavorful, and exactly what I needed to get geared up for the day. They offer Breakfast service, with a Breakfast [buffet], and A la carte in restaurant if you feel fancy. And they have Vegetarian restaurant options! Bonus points from me! I wish I could live off the Soup in restaurant for the rest of my days. Oh, and the Happy hour… let's just say I might have overdone it one evening admiring the sunset.
Things to do, ways to relax: This is the juicy bit. The Pool with view is stunning, yes, but… (cue dramatic music) let me tell you about the Spa! Forget the volcano for a second, you need a massage. I had a deep tissue one, and it was honestly transformative. Years of tension melted away. Pure, unadulterated bliss. I'm talking spa level of Body scrub and Body wrap services here. The whole Spa/sauna experience is incredible. They also do the Foot bath, and it’s something! They have a Fitness center too, if you're into self-punishment after all that amazing food.
Services and conveniences: Look, let's not lie, a Concierge is always a good thing. Need help? They're there. Luggage? Sorted. Laundry service? Tick. The Cash withdrawal is handy, of course. The Daily housekeeping keeps the place spick and span. They have Food delivery too, so that's convenient. Dry cleaning, and an Ironing service are available, should get fancy. And there's a proper Gift/souvenir shop.
For the kids: I didn't travel with kids, but the Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal options suggest they’re well-equipped to handle them.
Available in all rooms: Let's get deep into the rooms themselves. All the essentials are handled: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Air conditioning, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free]. I'M SERIOUSLY NOT KIDDING YOU. All the essentials are there, as well as a few surprises.
Internet: The Wi-Fi is solid. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! ✅ Internet is available throughout the property and in rooms. It’s fast enough to stream, binge-watch, and generally stay connected (though I'm pretty sure my soul felt a bit more connected to the volcano than the internet).
My Big, Fat, Ubu Villa Annoyance
Okay, I have a small, tiny tiny minor gripe. It's really more of a wish. Sometimes, the "Unbelievable Merapi Views!" felt a little… less unbelievable with a bit of haze or cloud. That's Mother Nature for you, though, and not Ubu Villa's fault. Still, a daily weather report highlighting the best viewing times would have been a nice touch!
The Whole Package
Honestly? Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3 delivers. The Rooms sanitized between stays gives peace of mind, even in these uncertain times. The views? Unbeatable. The food? Delicious. The staff? Super friendly and helpful. Even with a few minor hiccups, it's a seriously great place to stay. Definitely worth the price.
My Honest Recommendation and a Persuasive Offer:
So, you're scrolling through endless hotel options, dreaming of that perfect getaway? Stop. Just stop. Forget the cookie-cutter resorts and sterile chain hotels. You're looking for experience. A place where you're not just a guest, but a participant in something magical.
I'm talking about Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3.
Here's the deal: Book directly through their website (or a trusted booking platform) and use the code "VOLCANOVIEW" for a complimentary sunset cocktail at the poolside bar (trust me, the view is worth the price!). Plus, you'll get a free upgrade to a room with a private balcony (subject to availability), guaranteeing those jaw-dropping Merapi views every single morning.
Why?
- Unbeatable Volcano Views: Seriously. You'll be the envy of everyone on your Instagram feed. Just remember to use the hashtag #MerapiMagic!
- Relaxation Central: Spa days, incredible food, and a setting that melts away stress. You deserve this.
- Safe and Secure: They're going above and beyond to ensure your safety and comfort.
- Authentic Experience: Forget the tourist traps. This is the real deal.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your stay at Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3 today! Tell them I sent you, and get ready for an unforgettable adventure. You won't regret it.
Escape to Paradise: Utrecht Cottage w/ Dishwasher (20km Maarsbergen!)
Alright, strap in, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my potential doom… I mean, totally exciting, perfectly planned (and potentially disastrous) adventure to the Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3 - Merapi Views in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Let's see if I actually make it back in one piece (and maybe, just maybe, with a tan).
Day 1: Arrival, Astonishment, and the Great Mosquito Apocalypse (Probably)
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Wake up! (Maybe. Let's be honest, this is more aspirational than actual. I'm a professional snooze-button enthusiast.) Scramble to pack the last-minute essentials: enough insect repellent to repel a biblical plague, a ridiculous amount of sunscreen (because, you know, pasty Irish skin), and a travel adapter that hopefully doesn't explode in my face.
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Travel to the Yogyakarta airport and check into the Garuda Indonesia flight.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Oh god, the flight (I always get super anxious before flying). Hope for little turbulence with my luck.
- 4:00 PM: Land in Yogyakarta, or as I like to call it, "The Land of Spices and Potential Overwhelmingness." Seriously, the air smells like a thousand exotic things all at once. Taxi to Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3. Pray the driver speaks enough English (or at least can understand frantic hand gestures) to get me there.
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Check-in, and hopefully not have my credit card rejected. Greet the villa staff.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: First impressions of my room! Hopefully, it will be amazing, but it's probably like a slightly overpriced airbnb. Look for the bed and the view of Mount Merapi.
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner! Eat. Eat everything. Try ALL the Indonesian food. Gado-Gado? Rendang? Yes, please! Pray I don't have a food-related incident on the first night.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Unpack and get ready for bed. Watch a movie with a perfect view of Mount Merapi.
Day 2: Borobudur Blues and Sunset Shenanigans
- 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM: Wake up! Well, try to wake up. The alarm will probably go off, and I'll hit snooze at least five times.
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the villa. See what amazing breakfast is provided.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Day trip to Borobudur Temple! Okay, this is the big one. I've seen a million pictures, but nothing prepared me for the real thing. Hopefully, I can navigate the throngs of tourists without losing my mind (or my hat).
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch near Borobudur Temple, probably in some charming little warung (local eatery). I'll try to be adventurous, but my inner picky eater might rear its ugly head.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Explore the surrounding areas of Borobudur. It means a little shopping in the local area.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Return to the villa. Get a shower. Relax and enjoy the view.
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Sunset Viewing! Seriously, this is what I'm most excited about. Hopefully, the clouds cooperate and the sky explodes with color. Cocktails on the balcony? Maybe a little too much, but I'm on vacation!
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Eat something new. Eat something authentic and local.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Read a book. Write a journal. Rest.
Day 3: Merapi Mayhem and Lost in Translation
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Wake up! Enjoy breakfast on the villa.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Jeep tour to Mount Merapi. This could be either incredibly epic or hilariously terrifying. I'm betting on the latter. Dust, bumpy roads, and the potential for "minor" earthquakes… what's not to love?
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Enjoy the local lunch.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Return to the villa. Do some souvenir shopping.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Enjoy the villa's pool. Swim and enjoy the view.
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Prepare to go out. Pray my attempt at speaking Indonesian doesn't offend anyone. I'm going to try to learn some simple greetings, and I'm sure I'll butcher them royally.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Discover the local cuisine.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Enjoy something fun. Enjoy the night.
Day 4: The City of Yogyakarta and Farewell Festivities
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast and Last Views. Enjoy a final breakfast at the villa, soaking in the views of Mount Merapi a last time.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Explore Yogyakarta city. Visit the Keraton (Sultan's Palace) and Taman Sari water castle. Get absolutely lost in the vibrant chaos of the city.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Grab some lunch near the palace.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Discover the local culture.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Return to the villa. Pack.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Prepare to leave the villa. Say goodbye to the amazing staff.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Head to the airport.
- 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Have dinner at the airport. Board my flight.
- 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM: Take off. Think about how amazing the trip was, and what I will miss the most.
Final Ramblings:
Okay, so that's the plan. Will everything go according to schedule? Absolutely not. Will I get spectacularly lost, embarrass myself on multiple occasions, and probably eat something that makes me regret everything? Probably. But that's the fun of it, right? The imperfections, the happy accidents, the unexpected adventures. This is not just a trip; it's a potential comedy of errors with a breathtaking backdrop. Wish me luck (and maybe send a hazmat suit, just in case). I'll be back with stories, hopefully, in one piece, and maybe a slightly sun-kissed complexion.
Luxury 7th Floor Condo in Nakhon Ratchasima: Your Dream Thai Escape Awaits!
Unbelievable Merapi Volcano Views from Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3 – Seriously, FAQ?
Okay, so, is the view *really* as good as the pictures? Because, you know, Photoshop…
Alright, let's be real. I've seen some photos. You're thinking, "Yeah, right. Another over-edited sunrise masterpiece." GUESS WHAT? The pictures don't even come close!
I woke up one morning, bleary-eyed, half-expecting disappointment. Then I pulled back the curtains and... BAM! Merapi. Majestic. Volcanic. Smoking ever so slightly. It was like the volcano was saying, "Hey, you're finally awake! Ready to be humbled by my sheer, imposing presence?" And I was. Completely and utterly humbled. It's… it's breathtaking. Actually, it takes your breath away! Like, for real. Sometimes you'll just sit there, staring, and forget to breathe. I think I actually held my breath for a solid minute the first time. It's a problem, I know. Do get some oxygen to yourself.
The colors, the shifting light… Forget Photoshop. Mother Nature’s got this on lock. Trust me on this one. Even the little wisps of smoke that come from the top… they look like the volcano is having a cigarette. It's gorgeous – and you'll be addicted.
Is the villa itself *actually* nice? Because I value comfort and not, y'know, just a view.
Okay, let's address the practicalities. The view is phenomenal, yes, but what about everything else? Well, Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3 is… interesting. "Rustic" might be the polite word. "Charmingly imperfect" is more accurate.
There were a few power outages! I had a moment. Then I remembered I was in the middle of nowhere and just… sat there. No electricity. No wi-fi. Just… the volcano. It turns out, it’s not so bad. The bed was comfy, although that first squeak was a bit alarming. And the bathroom, while outdoor-adjacent (i.e., open-air in places) was, for the most part, clean…-ish. I’m not gonna lie. I did find one rather large spider hanging out. It's the tropics, I guess? Still… shudder.
But back to the good bits! I loved the outdoor shower! Taking a shower while looking at the volcano? Unbeatable. Just, you know, keep your mouth shut. And the staff? They are lovely, the locals, super friendly. They're always helpful whenever you need something. The breakfast? Decent. The coffee? Excellent. Overall, it's not the Four Seasons, but it's got heart. And that view... makes up for everything. Seriously.
I'm terrified of volcanoes. Will I be sleeping with one eye open?
Okay, look. I get it. Volcanoes are… intimidating. They can erupt. They can destroy. They can… well, you know. But here's the thing. Merapi is actively monitored. The locals are used to it. They know the signs. I felt… surprisingly safe. Even if I DID wake up with a minor panic attack when I heard a particularly loud rumble (turns out it was just a truck).
Honestly, the biggest threat was the chickens. They'll wake you up early. LOUDLY. Way before the sunrise. So bring earplugs (essential!) or embrace the rural life. Embrace the rooster. Become one with the chicken. I mean… if anything, you can just look at the volcano and start feeling safe. It’s just majestic -- and usually chill. Yeah, embrace the volcano.
What's the best time of year to go?
I went in the… “dry season”. Which, let’s be honest, still involved a bit of rain. But the views were still amazing. I'd aim for the drier months, from like, May to September I think? Something like that. I'm no meteorologist! Check a weather app, but honestly, even if it rains, you'll still get glimpses of Merapi peeking through the clouds. It's part of the drama, you know?
Is there anything to *do* besides stare at the volcano? (And should I bring snacks?)
Okay, the staring is a HUGE part of the experience. But yes, there's more! You can explore the surrounding area. There are rice paddies, temples… You can go on a Jeep tour up the slopes of Merapi (if you're feeling adventurous and you have a strong constitution!). They do the volcano tour and that's super fun!
But yes, bring snacks. The villa has a mini fridge, but… options are limited. And yes, bring snacks. Snacks for the view. Snacks for the power outages. Snacks for when you're contemplating life while staring at a volcano. Always bring snacks. I recommend something with chocolate. Preferably a lot of chocolate. You will need it. I swear.
Is it romantic? Like, could I propose here?
Oh. OH. Yes. YES, it's romantic! The sunrise is epic AF. The quiet… the view… it's incredibly moving. If you’re looking for a unique, beautiful place to propose? This is it. Picture this: You, your love, the volcano, and hopefully a clear, crisp morning… swoon! Just… don't drop the ring. And maybe have a back-up plan in case it rains and you have to propose in the middle of the night. (But still, do it!)
Anything else I should know, or tips for surviving?
Okay, my survival tips, straight from the trenches:
- Bring earplugs, seriously. The roosters, the monkeys (they're sneaky!), the occasional… interesting sound. You will thank me.
- Pack mosquito repellent. The little biters are relentless.
- Learn a few basic Indonesian phrases. The staff will appreciate it. You’ll feel less like a total tourist. And it's just fun!
- Get a driver. Navigating the roads can be, let's say, "challenging" (read: chaotic).
- Embrace the imperfections. Power outages happen. Hot water can be… intermittent. It’s part of the adventure! Just roll with it.
- Most importantly: Just... be present. Put your phone away. Breathe. Stare at the volcano. Let it sink in. It's an experience I'll never forget.
- And bring snacks. I mentioned this, right?
I almost forgot to mention about the cat that hangs around the property! She's super friendly! (Unless she steals your breakfast, then you'Hotel Finder Reviews


Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Merapi Volcano Views from Ubu Villa Pulowatu 3! (Yogyakarta)"