Santorini Princess: Your Fairytale Awaits (Luxury Hotel Escape!)

Santorini Princess: Your Fairytale Awaits (Luxury Hotel Escape!)
(Okay, deep breaths. Here goes. This is going to be… well, it’s going to be me. And hopefully, a damn good review of the Santorini Princess. Let's get REAL.)
Alright, folks, buckle up. We're heading to Santorini. Specifically, we’re diving headfirst (or maybe tiptoeing, because, let's be honest, I'm a klutz) into the Santorini Princess. The Your Fairytale Awaits line? Yeah, that’s a bold statement. Let's see if they can deliver. Because, let’s be honest, I'm a cynical creature. But hey, who doesn't want a bit of fairytale, even if it's wrapped in luxury and accompanied by a hefty price tag?
First Impressions & Getting There: The Arrival (and the Panic of Luggage)
Accessibility. Okay, let's get this out of the way. Santorini is not known for accessibility. It’s a cliffside paradise, remember? Thankfully, the Santorini Princess does have elevators, a HUGE plus. I didn’t personally need a wheelchair, but I saw other guests with mobility scooters navigating – albeit slowly and carefully – around the property. They seem to make an effort, which is a good start.
Airport transfer? Thank goodness. Because dragging luggage up and down those iconic Santorini steps? No thanks. The hotel’s service was smooth – a sleek, air-conditioned van whisked us away from the chaos of the airport (and the collective groan of fellow travelers) to a serene world.
The Room: My Sanctuary (and the Mini-Bar's Siren Song)
We're talking luxury rooms here. Honestly, it was probably bigger than my actual apartment. Okay, definitely. We had a balcony overlooking… well, that view. The caldera. Volcano. The shimmering Aegean. All that Instagrammable stuff. And yes, you guessed it, I took about a thousand photos.
- The Details that Matter:
- Air conditioning? Oh, yes. Crucial. Absolutely crucial in the Santorini heat.
- Blackout curtains? Thank. God. For. These. Trust me, you need them. The sun is relentless. And, you know, sleeping till noon is a vacation requirement.
- Free Wi-Fi? In every room (and decent speeds, too!). Essential for, uh, “work.” (Ahem, checking social media).
- Free bottled water? They practically showered us with it. Bless their hearts.
- Bathtub! Luxury level 10. I'm a sucker for a good soak. Sadly, I forgot bubble bath. Oh the tragedy.
- Mini-bar? Now, this is a mixed bag. Temptingly stocked, but the prices… well, let's just say I stuck to water and that free bottle. We are frugal travellers you see.
- In-room safe box: Good and used. Because, you know, stuff.
The room also had all the usual suspects: a comfy bed (extra long, even!), a desk (which I maybe used for actual work), a coffee/tea maker, and a balcony that screamed "relax." They really thought of everything. The daily housekeeping was impeccable - they left everything pristine by the time you got back from the pool or your travels in the town.
Dining: Food, Glory, and the Occasional Salad Blunder
Okay, food. This is where the Princess really shines. And where my inner food critic (or, you know, just a hungry person) gets VERY excited.
- Breakfast (Buffet vs. In-Room): The breakfast buffet was a feast. Seriously. A massive spread of everything: the Asian Breakfast, pastries (a weakness!), fruits, eggs cooked every which way, and juices galore. But, and this is a big but, one morning we opted for breakfast in the room. Pure bliss. Sitting on the balcony, sipping coffee, and gazing at the view while eating fresh fruits? Priceless. We opted for the Western style breakfast as we are used to. Worth every penny.
- Restaurants: The hotel boasts several restaurants. We tried a few. The main restaurant offers a la carte and buffet options, and the staff was incredible at handling our dietary needs.
- Poolside Bar & Snack Bar: Perfect for midday refreshments.
- Happy Hour: Yes, please! Cocktails with a view? Don't mind if I do.
One Memorable Meal: The Salad Disaster (and the Redemption!)
I’ll be honest. One night, I ordered a salad. I’m trying to be “healthy,” you see. What arrived was, well, a bit… underwhelming. The lettuce was a little wilted, the dressing felt off. I was devastated. (Dramatic, I know.)
But, here’s where the Santorini Princess shined. The waiter noticed my slightly crumpled face. He apologized profusely (even though it wasn’t a big deal!) and offered a replacement. Then, the head chef, genuinely concerned, came out to talk to me! He listened to my (probably overly-critical) feedback, and offered me a dessert on the house. The dessert? Perfect. Utterly perfect. Fresh, creamy, and a perfect ending to a slightly rocky meal (and a great example of the staff's attentiveness).
Things To Do & Ways to Relax: Pools, Spas & Pure Indulgence
Yes, yes, yes. The relaxation options are abundant.
- Swimming Pool(s): The hotel has multiple pools, including an outdoor pool with that view. The views are breathtaking, the water is refreshing, and there's always a sun lounger available.
- Spa: Do the spa. I got a massage (essential!). The massage was heavenly. I almost fell asleep. The spa offers a sauna, steamroom and foot bath.
- Fitness Center: I glanced at it. Didn't use it. Vacation, remember?
- Poolside relaxation: The Poolside bar makes delicious drinks.
Cleanliness & Safety: Peace of Mind in a Post-COVID World
They seemed to prioritize cleanliness and safety. I saw daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer everywhere, and staff wearing masks. Although, truth be told, I felt more comfortable knowing that the rooms were sanitized before and after stays.
Services & Conveniences: Little Things That Make a Big Difference
- Concierge: Fantastic. They arranged everything: tours, taxis, restaurant reservations.
- Daily housekeeping: Pristine, every day.
- Room service (24-hour): Essential at 3 AM when you need a snack.
- Laundry service: Handy. Especially if you’re a messy traveler like me.
- Currency exchange: Convenient.
The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because, Let's Be Real)
- Price: It's expensive. Let's not kid ourselves. But you get what you pay for.
- Stuffiness: Okay, sometimes it felt a little… formal. I missed that cozy feeling. That being said, the friendly staff more than made up for any stiffness.
The Verdict: Is the Fairytale Real?
Honestly? It's pretty darn close. The Santorini Princess delivers on most of its promises. Is it perfect? No. But it's beautiful, luxurious, and provides an experience you won't forget. The excellent service, stunning views, and amazing food would make me return in a heartbeat.
Here's the Deal: A Fairytale Offer You Can't Refuse!
Book your "Escape to Fairytale" Package and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of local wine upon arrival. (Because, Santorini!)
- A guaranteed room upgrade (based on availability). (Hello, even more luxury!)
- A couples massage at the spa. (Because, relaxation!)
- Free airport transfers (Because, ease!)
- And a special discount of 15% (Because, value!)
(This is their offer, not mine, but I think it's a good one!)
So, are you ready to fall in love with Santorini? With the Santorini Princess, your fairytale truly does await!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Fakel Hotel Orenburg - Russia's Hidden Gem
Okay, buckle up buttercups. Because this ain't your grandma's itinerary, and I'm definitely not your perfectly organized (or remotely sane) tour guide. This is me, flailing wildly, through Santorini, courtesy of the lovely (and hopefully not too expensive) Santorini Princess Hotel. Let's see if I can survive… and maybe, just maybe, have a good time. Prepare for the chaos!
Day 1: Arrival and the Immaculate Conception of a Greek Salad (and My Sunburn's Revenge)
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Arrival and Hotel Check-In – The Illusion of Elegance
- So, the flight was… a journey. Delayed. Of course. I'm pretty sure the pilot was reading a manual mid-air. But hey, we landed! And the Santorini Princess? Well, the pictures online… they lied slightly. Okay, maybe a lot. It's gorgeous, don't get me wrong, especially the view from the balcony, but the lobby smells faintly of… what is that? Lysol and… existential dread? Anyway, check-in was smooth enough, a slight struggle with Greek pronunciation ("My name is not 'Ethel'!", but I conceded defeat). Now, to the room.
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Unpacking, Balcony Raptures, and The Sun's Merciless Embrace.
- Room is lovely, blessedly clean. The view… are you KIDDING ME? Caldera! Volcano! Insanity! I spent a good hour just staring at the turquoise water, muttering things like "Oh my god" and "I'm actually here." This is what dreams are made of. Then, the tragic moment of my life: I confidently slathered myself with… well, clearly not ENOUGH sunscreen. Apparently, the Greek sun is not messing around. I feel like a lobster now. Red, itchy, and questioning all my life choices.
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Quest for the Perfect Greek Salad (Fail Edition) – A Culinary Adventure
- Lunch time! (and a desperate plea to the gods for Aloe Vera.) I bravely ventured into a taverna nearby. I ordered a Greek salad. How hard could it be, right? Wrong. It arrived, a glorious mess of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives, and… that glorious feta. I took my first bite. And promptly started choking. TOO MUCH onion. My eyes were streaming, not from the beauty of the Aegean, but from the sheer force of the onion. Defeated, I soldiered on. Sunburn flaring, onion-induced tears… it was a moment. Lesson learned: specify "Hold the onion, please!" next time. Or, you know, just bring a gas mask.
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Nap Time (and Sunburn Therapy)
- Okay, I'm defeated. Back to the room. The air conditioning is my new best friend. I’m slathered in after-sun lotion. My soul is crying. Also, I'm taking a power nap. Because, Greece. Sun. Lobster. You do the math.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Sunset Cocktails – The Redemption!
- Okay, so I'm still slightly crispy, but a sunset cocktail is non-negotiable. Headed to the hotel's bar. The sunset… breathtaking. Liquid gold over the caldera. My sunburn temporarily forgotten. The cocktail? Worth every penny. I feel… alive. Slightly less lobster-like. Maybe the gods are listening.
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner at a Taverna – Onion Fear Returns
- Found a different taverna, with a different view. This time I specifically asked for a Greek salad with a minimal amount of onion. The moussaka: heaven. The service: charmingly frantic. The view: still, consistently, spectacular. I think I’m starting to understand why people love this place.
9:00 PM onwards: Balcony Stargazing and Existential Musings
- Back on the balcony. The stars! Thousands of them! And the silence… broken only by the gentle lapping of the water. Contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and why I'm so bad at applying sunscreen. Also, is it possible to become addicted to sunsets? Pretty sure I just might be.
Day 2: The Volcano Beckons (and the Cliffhanger That Almost Ended Me)
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Breakfast – The Morning After, and the Scramble
- Breakfast at the hotel. Buffet. Eggs. Coffee. More coffee. The aftermath of the onion incident still lingers in my memories. Sunburn still throbbing. Starting to get a tan. Yay?
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Boat Trip to the Volcano – The Hike of My Life…or Death!
Big day! Boat trip to the volcano! Excitement levels: HIGH. First stop: the hot springs! The water was warm. The sulfur smell… let’s just say it was… unforgettable. The hike up the volcano… okay, I'm not going to lie. Brutal. The heat. The volcanic rock. The endless uphill climb. I thought I was going to pass out. Several times. Did I mention I'm not exactly an athlete? But the view from the top… OMG. Worth it. Every single, agonizing, sweaty step. The panorama was breathtaking. It felt like being on another planet.
An Anecdote that almost killed me. As I was making my way precariously down a relatively steep slope, my sandal decided that it had had enough of this volcanic adventure and decided to peel away from my foot like a banana. I froze. My mind flashed through all the possible outcomes. Falling. Breaking an ankle. Being stranded on a volcanic island. Just sitting there in the sweltering heat and awaiting my inevitable demise. The other tourists gave me the look of "Are you okay? What is going on?" The nice older lady came over and gave me a hand (and also a piece of candy, because, apparently, all problems can be solved with candy.) I was so grateful and a bit ashamed. This was not the way I wanted to end my Greek holiday. Luckily, I was fine. The sandal, not so much.
This experience was a mixture of fear, excitement, exhaustion, and ultimately, triumph. It was the perfect metaphor for life itself.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Lunch on the Beach – Beach Day!
- The boat trip continues to the nearby beach. Beach vibes! The sand was warm. The water was clear, and I was ready for a nap.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Pool Time at the Hotel – The Aftermath
- Crashing in the pool! My body hurt from the volcanic hike, and those memories still lingered. Blissfully relaxing, and a chance to reflect on the hike.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Sunset Drinks - Again
7:00 PM -9:00 PM: Dinner, in Oia - The Sunset Town
- Oia is the epitome of Santorini, so the dinner reservations were a must. I am so ready to experience it, hopefully without having to deal with any onions.
9:00 PM onwards: More Balcony Stargazing - In Love with the Island
Day 3: The Search for the Perfect Photo (and a Farewell Embrace)
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Farewell breakfast - Reluctant Goodbye
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Exploring – The Perfect Photo Hunt
- The mission: find the perfect Instagram-worthy shot. I am still learning my way around the island.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Farewell Lunch - Taste of Santorini
- One last Greek salad (hold the onion, I beg you!), savoring every bite.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Free time - Rest, Relax, and Reflect
- A final dip in the pool, soaking in the last moments of sunshine.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Sunset - One Last Look
- A final cocktail, watching the sunset, a final toast to Santorini.
- 7:00 PM - onward: Departure - A Little Piece of Greece
- The flight back! Goodbye Greece! Farewell Santorini!
This, my friends, is my Santorini adventure! Remember, it's a mess. It's emotional. It's honest. And it represents, hopefully, the spirit of travel. Imperfect, beautiful, and utterly unforgettable. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find some more sunscreen… and maybe an onion-free Greek salad.
Varkala's Hidden Gem: Discover Vishram Village!
Santorini Princess: Your Fairytale (Maybe...?) Awaits - FAQs That Might Actually Help!
Okay, so... Santorini Princess? Is it ACTUALLY as ridiculously perfect as those Instagram influencers make it look?
Booking - Nightmare or Dream? Any secret tips to snag a good deal?
What's the deal with those infinity pools? Privacy? Or swimming with a bunch of tourists?
Those Suites! Worth the splurge? Which one should I even *consider*?
Breakfast in Bed vs. Restaurant. Which one feeds the soul AND the stomach?
What about the Spa? Is it all Instagram-worthy, or is it actually relaxing?
How far is it from Oia (and the postcard-perfect stuff)? Am I going to be stuck in the boonies?
Getting Around - Do I need to rent a scooter? Is it a logistical nightmare?


Post a Comment for "Santorini Princess: Your Fairytale Awaits (Luxury Hotel Escape!)"